Domus Laeta, the ancient home of the aristocratic family Aulisio is a large dwelling place which is brimful of the aura and charm of its past. Located in the small town of Giungano, Domus Laeta is within the stunning UNESCO National Park of Cilento, province of Salerno, and faces south with a fascinating distant view of the sea of Paestum.
The atmosphere of Domus Laeta is rendered unforgettable by:
- A precious library filled with books from the 17th and 18th centuries
- Its hilltop position, nestled between the mountains and the sea
- The magnificent views
- Its closeness to the archaeological site of Paestum and to the Amalfi and Cilento Coasts
- An unaltered historic structure with period furnishings and atmosphere
Free room for the bride and groom on the night of the wedding.
Dream Wedding E-Card Gift
Type of location
17th - 18th Century
Capacity and description of spaces available for a wedding reception
A terraced, meadow garden with fruit orchards, the swimming pool and three internal halls for up to 150 people.
Possibility of celebrating the wedding ceremony
Yes Only civil weddings, but the church is just 30 metres away!
Possibility of exclusive use of the location
Possibility of dancing
Yes, Dancing is possible either in the garden or in one of the halls until midnight, and sometimes later on consultancy with the owner.
Restaurant, swimming pool, transfer by car or by minibus, gardens.
catering, floral decorations
Additional services, provided upon request
- Music of all kinds: a folk group, a swing singer and his quartet, a jazz group, a solo singer and performer, traditional “Napulitanata” (Neapolitan) or harp and violin.
- A choice of flowers and tulle for the decorations.
- Menu printing (included with the price of the wedding dinner).
- “Bomboniere” wedding favours.
- Souvenirs for the guests.
Number of rooms
Types of rooms and rates
- Domus: a bedroom with a beautiful view for four people Low season € 130, Mid season € 140, High season €160, Top season € 180.
- Laeta: a bedroom with a beautiful view for two people. Low season € 90, Mid season € 100, High season € 110, Top season € 120.
- Mansarda: with air conditioning and a large panoramic terrace, for four persons. Low season € 150, Mid season € 160, High season € 180, Top season € 200.
- Blue and Golden Suite: two communicating bedrooms in the Mediterranean colours of blue and yellow with two bathrooms. For four people. Low season € 160, Mid season € 180, High season € 200, Top season € 210.
- Bishop's Antechamber: with a balcony in the historic portico. For two people, Low season € 90, Mid season € 100, High season € 110, Top season € 120.
- Bishop's Chamber: with a beautiful view and a balcony in the historic portico. For two people. Low season € 90, Mid season € 100, High season € 110, Top season € 120.
- Pink: room with a beautiful view for three people Low season € 90, Mid season € 100, High season € 110, Top season € 120.
- Mounts: room with a terrace for two people Low season € 90, Mid season € 100, High season € 110, Top season € 120.
- Indipendente: room with terrace, air conditioned, for four people Low season € 140, Mid season € 150, High season € 170, Top season € 190.
- an apartment with bathroom for three people. (Prices per week) Low season € 800, Mid season € 900, High season € 1000, Top season € 1100.
All prices are in Euros and refer to pricing per room, per day on a Bed and Breakfast basis unless indicated otherwise.
Seasons: Low, from 01/01/ to 15/06 and from 01/10 to 23/12.
Mid: from 15st June to 31 July; from 1st September to 30 September, Easter, Christmas.
High: from 01August to 11 August; from 18 August to 31 August.
Top: from11 August to 18 August.
Special prices for children
€ 30 - € 40 per child in parents room including breakfast.
Yes, small well-behaved pets are welcome.
Traditional local cuisine.
House specialitiesSoufflè con ricotta di bufala (soufflé with buffalo ricotta).
Cappello del Cardinale (a Mediterranean rice dish).
Spezzatino bufalo stufato (buffalo meat stew).
Torta ricotta e pere (pear and ricotta cake).
Restaurant menu price
Starting from € 40 per person.
Wedding banquet price
€ 90/105 per person.
Services included for your wedding
Cover and menu printing.
Things to do near the location
Tennis, riding, paragliding, Trekking in the Cilento National Park.
Places to visit
The archaeological sites of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Oplontis are within easy reach by car The legendary Amalfi Coast, Ravello with its beautiful Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone, and the delightful Positano provide an enjoyable day trip, as does the magnificent 14th Century Monastery of Padula which lies inland. The island of Capri is worth seeing, and visit to Naples should not be missed, with its rich history, many churches, monuments, museums and the renowned Capodimonte Royal Palace and Museum.
Distance from the beach and city centre
Giungano is only 10 kilometres from the sea and long, sandy beaches. Further south you can see spectacular rocky cliffs and a magnificent backdrop.
Please fill in the following form making sure that all your details are correct; you will receive an answer directly from Domus Laeta in the shortest time possible. Writing a detailed message will ensure a better quality reply from the staff of your dream venue.