Plan your Wedding in Italy
Wedding Ideas
Discover Italy

Please note that you should not apply for documents and certificates more than six months prior to wedding date or they will expire.

The first step is to obtain a “Certificate of No Impediment”.

Go to your local Registry Office and inform them of your marriage, and you will obtain such Certificate 23 days after the publishing of your Banns.
When in Italy, you must go to an appropriate British Consular office to obtain the “Nulla Osta” .
Bring with you the Certificate of No Impediment, together with:

  • your full Birth Certificates (which must include names of both parents)
  • Passport and copy of Passport of both British Citizens getting married (If your passport shows a different name from the one on your Birth Certificate, please bring deed poll showing the change of name).
  • Divorce Decree Absolute if you are divorced
  • Evidence of termination of any previous marriage of both parties, if applicable.

Please note that the Italian Law does not allow a woman to remarry until 300 days have passed from the date of her divorce, although you could apply for a waiver at the Italian local Civil Court ( Tribunale Civile ). If you wish to obtain further information about this issue, please contact the marriage Office of the Town Hall where the wedding is to take place.

Upon inspection of all paperwork presented, the Consulate will issue the "Nulla Osta", which must be presented at the registry office where the marriage will take place.

Should you require any further assistance with the organization of your fantastic wedding in Italy, please contact us.

Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by ZooTemplate.Com