Please note that you should not apply for documents and certificates more than six months prior to wedding date or they will expire.
In order to get married in Italy you need the following:
- Your valid and current I.D. card and/or your passport
- The International birth certificate Form
- If previously divorced, your divorce decree
- Certificate of No Impediment. If you are divorced this certificate reports the date of divorce.
- The so called Nulla Osta and the Atto Notorio are usually not required.
- If you have been divorced less than 300 days from the proposed wedding date, there are further requirements to obtain permission to marry in Italy. Please ask for further information to the German Consulate in Italy.
Once in Italy you may be required to issue a statement at the wedding hall, in which you declare that you are free and willing to marry (bring an interpreter if necessary). This is not required everywhere, but if it is, it needs to be done 3 working days before the wedding (bear this in mind, when planning your trip schedule).
Should you require any further assistance with the organization of your unforgettable wedding in Italy, please contact us.