Plan your Wedding in Italy
Wedding Ideas
Discover Italy

Please note that you should not apply for documents and certificates more than six months prior to wedding date or they will expire.

You should provide the following documentation:

  • Valid Passport or, if in the Army,  ID Card plus permission to marry issued by the Commander.
  • Birth certificate showing both parents names
  • If applicable, Final Divorce Decree, Annulment Decree or Death Certificate of  previous spouse.
  • These documents must be translated into Italian.
  • To be legal in Italy, the translated documents must be given the Apostille Stamp by the Secretary of State in the state where each document was originally issued.
  • Obtain an Atto Notorio from an Italian Consul in the United States. This is a declaration that according to US laws there is no obstacle to the marriage, and it must be sworn to by two witnesses.

Upon your arrival in Italy, you need to obtain:

  • Another Declaration (Nulla Osta), sworn to by the US citizen at US Consulate in Italy stating that there is no legal impediment to his/her marriage under Italian Law and US Law.
  • Legalization of the Nulla Osta must be done by the office of the Prefecture. There is one in every provincial capital.
  • A waiver for a woman who has been divorced within the last 300 days must be obtained from the Procura della Republica (District Attorney), issued on presentation of a medical certificate that she is not pregnant.
Should you require any further assistance with the organization of your unforgetable wedding in the most beautiful Italian locations, please contact us.
Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by ZooTemplate.Com