Plan your Wedding in Italy
Wedding Ideas
Discover Italy

Please note that you should not obtain documents and certificates more than six months prior to wedding date or they will expire.

You must obtain an Affidavit, stating that there is No Impediment to your marriage. You can do this either in Canada or at the Canadian Consulate in Milan or the canadian Embassy in Rome. Then present this document  to the Registry Office in the city where the wedding will take place.

In order to obtain this declaration you will need the following:

  • Canadian passport and Proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth certificate, Citizenship certificate, Certificate of Registration of a Birth Abroad, Certificate of Retention of Canadian Citizenship).
  • Final Divorce Decree or Death Certificate of previous spouse if divorced or widowed.
  • Complete details of the future spouse are also required (full name, father's and mother's maiden names, date and place of birth, residence)
  • Document issued by the Provincial Vital Statistics authorities in Canada confirming that no registration of marriage appears in their records.

A woman whose previous marriage was terminated within the last 300 days must obtain a waiver from the Court. This is issued on presentation of medical evidence that she is not pregnant Upon your arrival in Italy.
If you have not received the Declaration (Nulla Osta) from a Canadian authority abroad, you will need to make the necessary arrangements here in Italy. The declaration issued by the Embassy or Canadian consulate must be authenticated at the Prefecture - Legalization office.
Once the declaration has been obtained and legalized, it is presented to the Marriage office where the wedding will take place.

Should you require a total assistance with the organization of your wedding in Italy in total relaxation, feel free to contact us.

Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by ZooTemplate.Com