Plan your Wedding in Italy
Wedding Ideas
Discover Italy

Please note that you should not apply for documents and certificates more than six months prior to wedding date or they will expire.

In order to get married in Italy you need the following:

  • family register;
  • residence certificate;
  • certification of legal capacity to enter a marriage contract.

All of the above certificates should bear the so-called Apostille which consists in their legalization by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then should be translated into Italian in the form of an official translation

  • Translations of Registry Office acts (certificates of Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death)
  • The Consular Section of the Embassy of Italy in Japan carries out the translation of Registry Office acts to be submitted to the town halls in Italy for the purpose of making additions or modifications to the status of Italian citizens living in Japan.
  • Sworn translations

As regards to all other documents to be translated into Italian, applicants should obtain the help of qualified translators. In order for the translations to be duly accepted, the translator must appear in person at the Consular Section and take the following steps.

  • Sign the written text of an Oath of Extra-Judicial Translation before a Consular official;
  • Submit the original of an oath taken before a notary that clearly shows that the author of the translation is a professional translator of Italian and Japanese languages. This document must carry the Apostille attached by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
  • Submit a CV that clearly shows that the translator is an accomplished professional. The CV must be accompanied with some of the translator's most significant translation works.
Should you require a total assistance with the organization of your wedding in Italy in total relaxation, feel free to contact us.
Joomla Templates and Joomla Extensions by ZooTemplate.Com